Tuesday, December 2, 2025

December 2

Click here for today's text.

Daniel 9:1-11:1
1. "Mercy that brightest shines..." (from Paradise Lost III, 134).
9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; ...

For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18 Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”

2. The Terror. Again:
I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; those who were with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves. 8 So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless. 9 Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.

While he was saying this to me, I bowed with my face toward the ground and was speechless. 16 Then one who looked like a man[n] touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak. I said to the one standing before me, “I am overcome with anguish because of the vision, my lord, and I feel very weak. 17 How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe.”

18 Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength. 19 “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.”

1 John 2:18-3:6

Psalm 121:1-8

Proverbs 28:27-28

Years Read
2010, 2025

Advent Reading(s)

1.(2012) 1 John 2:18-3:6:
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[b] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment