Tuesday, September 23, 2025

September 23

Click here for today's text.

Isaiah 41:17-43:13
1.(2012) Covenants - regularly reminded by reading Scripture the covenant nature of nearly everything:
This is what God the Lord says—
the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,
who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.


Apparently it was widely accepted back in Calvin's day that Abraham was adopted.

2.(2012) Doesn't mercy (not judgment) extend to generations? "Everyone who is called by my name" are included simply on the basis that their identity is in Him; in His name:
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”
Ephesians 2:1-22
1.(2012) Appropriate that this passage coincides with Isaiah 41-43 above: God makes us members of his household:
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Psalm 67:1-7

Proverbs 23:29-35

Years Read
2012, 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment