Nehemiah 5:14-7:73
1. Lording over others & burdening them. Nehemiah describes earlier governors, men who took advantage of their position by taking from others for themselves. Verses 14 & 15 read
neither I nor my brothers ate the food allotted to the governor. 15 But the earlier governors—those preceding me—placed a heavy burden on the people and took forty shekels [a] of silver from them in addition to food and wine. Their assistants also lorded it over the people.Then Nehemiah describes his own style
But out of reverence for God I did not act like that. (16) Instead, I devoted myself to the work on this wall. All my men were assembled there for the work; we did not acquire any land....And then ...I never demanded the food allotted to the governor, because the demands were heavy on these people.Then, logically, he turns to God to whom he is under authority; from whom alone he would look for favor:
19 Remember me with favor, O my God, for all I have done for these people.
1 Corinthians 8:1-13
1. (2011) Knowledge and Love:
But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.Psalm 33:1-11
Proverbs 21:8-10
1.(2012)
The way of the guilty is devious,
but the conduct of the innocent is upright.
Years Read
2010, 2011, 2012, 2025
No comments:
Post a Comment