Wednesday, October 29, 2025

October 29

Click here for today's text.

Lamentations 1:1-2:22
1. Allusions to the adulteress; the unfaithful Queen of the King?:

1 How deserted lies the city,
once so full of people!
How like a widow is she,
who once was great among the nations!
She who was queen among the provinces
has now become a slave.

2 Bitterly she weeps at night,
tears are upon her cheeks.
Among all her lovers
there is none to comfort her.
All her friends have betrayed her;
they have become her enemies.

3 After affliction and harsh labor,
Judah has gone into exile.
She dwells among the nations;
she finds no resting place.
All who pursue her have overtaken her
in the midst of her distress.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
8 Jerusalem has sinned greatly
and so has become unclean.
All who honored her despise her,
for they have seen her nakedness;
she herself groans
and turns away.

9 Her filthiness clung to her skirts;
2.(2012) Caveat: Teachers expose our sin to rescue us from captivity or its threat!:
The visions of your prophets
were false and worthless;
they did not expose your sin
to ward off your captivity.
The prophecies they gave you
were false and misleading.
Philemon 1:1-25
1.(2012) The core of Philemon shows the humility and grace in Paul's authority...love:
Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, 9 yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love.

Psalm 101:1-8
1.(2012) Perhaps this is the promise of which I should pray: 'Lord - you won't tolerate slanderers...deceivers...liars...please help us!"
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.
4 The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with what is evil.

5 Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret,
I will put to silence;
whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart,
I will not tolerate.

6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land,
that they may dwell with me;
the one whose walk is blameless
will minister to me.

7 No one who practices deceit
will dwell in my house;
no one who speaks falsely
will stand in my presence.

8 Every morning I will put to silence
all the wicked in the land;
I will cut off every evildoer
from the city of the Lord.

Proverbs 26:20

Years Read
2010(?),2012, 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment