Tuesday, April 1, 2025

April 1

2009

Click here for today's text.

Deuteronomy 18:1-20:20
1. (2011) The Levites.
They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them....for the LORD your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the LORD’s name always.
2.Wickedness...we play down the word:
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD; because of these same detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.
3. Even the cities will be redeemed.
When the LORD your God has destroyed the nations whose land he is giving you, and when you have driven them out and settled in their towns and houses,
Luke 9:28-50

Psalm 73:1-28

1. This psalm always convicts me.
(3) For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked...

(13) Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence...

(16) When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me

(17) till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.

(21) When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,

(22) I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

(23) Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

(24) You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

(25) Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

(26) My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.


Proverbs 12:10

1. A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel. The extent of righteousness - they are kind even to animals. It would stand to reason that they be kind to strangers, the needy, the alien, etc.

2. As an aside, wouldn't it be an appropriate literary device to show goodness/righteousness by depicting characters as kind to their livestock, pets or feeding wild birds, etc (e.g. like Disney often does)?

Years Read

2009

No comments:

Post a Comment